Director of Marketing
Magpai, a California-based software company operated remotely for the seven years we've been in business. We are an up-and-coming player in the lead-scoring assessment space, helping coaches, consultants, trainers and service providers use lead-scoring assessments to optimize their sales systems. The software is now in its third iteration, very stable with a strong product market fit. Up until now, the tool has only been offered to our in-house clients and through referrals. No public launch has been conducted on a large scale.
We are currently refining two go-to market strategies for the public launch, scheduled for this fall.
GTM Strategy #1: Webinars with JV Partners to DFY offer
We are refining our webinar format which has been tested over the past 6 months. The campaign is comprised of an initial lead magnet, our own assessment software and a 70-minute webinar that leads to our DFY solution, called the Sales Acceleration Quick Start Bundle.
GTM Strategy #1: Word-of-mouth referrals toFree Trial.
We have both an automated email onboarding process as well as a client success team that nurtures new leads through the 14-Day and 30-Day free trials. We are converting at 15% with lots of room for improvement.
We would like todo some testing with paid traffic to the webinar to see how that CPL compares to the affiliate payout to JV partners. We have yet to dive into content marketing or SEO, so there are opportunities here as well.
In this hands-on Marketing Director role, you will collaborate with all team members and lead all aspects of marketing to include; webinar delivery, social media strategy, email marketing, content marketing, and affiliate program development.
You will also be responsible for working with the CEO to develop the company’s marketing strategy and execute the plan to meet revenue goals.
- Establish the overall marketing strategy and execute the quarterly plan to meet the company’s monthly revenue goals
- Build, lead and mentor the team across marketing, sales and customer service-related departments;
- Be the forerunner of planning and executing new revenue-generating campaigns.
- Be at the forefront of new marketing technologies and strategies to innovate and improve efficiency and increase results
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs
- Ownership of the full customer journey through all marketing touch points, onboarding and conversion to paid.
- Create lead generation programs to grow target markets, with a heavy focus on developing inbound marketing through SEO/SEM
- Manage product content production which includes online training programs, expert content and building a network of subject matter experts
- Set forth a calendar of events such as webinars, launches, and outreach campaigns
- Offer suggestions on refining Magpai’s social media presence
- Write marketing content
- Develop event strategies including webinars and live events
- Manage contractors, vendors, and the overall marketing budget.
- Assist in the development of affiliate swipe copy to be used by affiliate partners;
- Work with the affiliate team to provide exemplary service so that affiliate partners feel supported, inspired and earn substantial affiliate rewards.
This position is remote. Preferred hours of work are 8:30-5:30 Pacific, Monday-Friday. This position will report to the CEO.
- The Director needs to have experience using data and analytics to measure the return on investment on our various marketing channels and campaigns to optimize our marketing spend.
- Former SAAS marketing experience is a must;
- Passionate and proactive: a driven, self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- 3+ years of related work experience, preferably in a SaaS startup environment;
- 3+ years in a software marketing leadership role;
- Have designed, crafted, organized and executed campaigns such as webinars, email marketing, digital across the entire customer lifecycle;
- Demonstrated experience and comfort owning are venue and pipeline number;
- Thrives in an outcome-focused, positive work environment;
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field is appreciated but not required;
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.